Clean gutters at least once a year, and multiple times if you have overhanging trees.
The most popular shingles among homeowners. They’re versatile, relatively inexpensive, and fairly simple to install. Asphalt shingles come in two types. The first kind is three tab (budget-friendly, easily maintained, last 20+ years) and the second is architectural (durable, can increase home value, last 30-50 years).
- Easy to install and remove, which can cut roofing costs
- Vary widely in price and design, giving you options
- Designed to help deflect UV rays and cool your home
- May last about 20 years before they need to be replaced
- Hail, high winds, or severe snow/ice can cause damage or leaks
- Fungus growth can be harmful if in a perennially damp region
Cost per 100 sq. ft.: Between $100 and $1501